Saturday, March 21, 2009

We Survived!

Taught my class this afternoon and it was all good. My student was a sweet lady and seemed to enjoy herself. I was blessed by Stephen, a library customer and the fellow who taught Angela to needle tat, when he carried in my microwave then returned at 3:00 to carry the thing back out to the car. I really appreciated his help!

Just picked up a new book at work "Fresh Food From Small Spaces". The book looks good. It's about year-round growing, fermenting and sprouting. I have recently requested a couple more books "The Urban Homestead: Your Guide to Self-sufficient Living in the Heart of the City" by Kelly Coyne and Erik Knutzen. The second one is "Made from Scratch: Discovering the Pleasures of a Handmade Life" by Jenna Woginrich. I thought both books sounded interesting.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

~ Penny ~

2 comments:

Angela said...

Your a rock star!!

Laura-IH said...

I'm sure your student appreciated the one-on-one attention! : )

The "Made From Scratch" book sounds interesting to me. I'm going to see if my library has it! Thanks! : )