Sunday, May 23, 2010

What's been going on lately .....


The last few weeks have been a mixed bag of life.

May 12th-16th Angela and I went to quilt retreat. This retreat came about through the Back Porch Friends, a Yahoo group Angela started several years ago. Ladies come from all over the country, and usually our friend Michelle from Canada also attends, to visit and sew together. We have been doing this for several years and enjoy it very much.

I'm the only non-quilter who attended this time. Usually our sister Debbie comes with us but Marjorie Melvin, Deb's mother-in-law passed away on May 8th and Bill Melvin, her father-in-law, was nearing the end of his time on earth.

Sunday, May 16th, our uncle Jerry Myers passed away. The morning of May 17th Debbie called to tell me Bill had died a little after midnight. Margie was 85 and Bill was 91. David, my brother in law, lost both his parents in eight days. We attended their double funeral on Thursday and funeral visitation for our uncle on Wednesday evening. It's been a very difficult time and I ask you to please keep Deb, David and their daughter Hillary in your prayers.

Saturday, May 22nd, was the opening day for the Orleans Farmers Market Angela and I are vending there this season. We were pretty pleased with our sales. Ange sold several of her sweet crocheted baby hats and a few little felted bags. I sold a few pairs of earrings. Next weekend I will have hand dyed yarns and soaps to offer too. I have to work at the Library that Saturday but Angela will be there with either Mark or Heather.

I will be probably attending the market solo after next month, unless I can talk Miss Heather into going with me. Angela will be having surgery to remove a brain tumor in a month or so and will be recuperating the rest of the summer. We covet prayers for her surgery and recovery.

2 comments:

Sunny said...

Hi, Penny. Your family sure has been having a time of it! Seasons of life, I call it. May your upcoming seasons be seasons of joy. Also praying all goes well with your sister's surgery.

Conni said...

WOW!! You sound very busy, Penny!! Hoping the vending goes well this summer...your stuff is all so fun!!