Saturday, March 28, 2009

Shhh ... I have a secret

Don't tell my family (or my allergist) but I have "Bunny Fever" again.

Every spring I get BF but this year it's a really bad case. I've checked out bunny books from the library and have been looking at different sites and blogs for cute bunny hutches. English Angora bunnies are my first choice. I love their little furry faces and froufrou ears. I want a pair (Not to breed!) but so they will have company and not be lonely.

My backyard has plenty of room for a hutch. It would be sheltered in the winter months but catch the cooling breeze of summer. It could be very doable in town. While city regulations prevent residents from having sheep or goats, bunnies and chickens are allowed. I'll save my chicken dreams for another post. lol

Remember it's a secret so don't tell Angela or the rest of my family ... they don't have the vision!!

~ Penny ~

4 comments:

Unknown said...

ooooh, Penny be very very carefullll! BF is very very catchy... been down that road... by boys were in 4-H... big sign... we ended up with 8of the little buggers... I think the Dutch would be my favorite... Wouldn't go that route again...now chickens you could probably talk me into chickens... I miss my girls! Use to go out and call them.... Here Chick Chick Chick Chick Chicky! and the girls would come running... ;-)

Thistle Cove Farm said...

And you still don't have bunnies...WHY?

-LOL-

greenberryhouse.blogspot.com has bunnies, Angora bunnies...check her out. She'll be here this Sat for sheep shearing.

Conni said...

Oh, I loved raising bunnies!! But I'm glad I'm done with then!! We had a neighbor, once, that let her bunny have free-reign of the house...just like a dog!! Was the cutest thing!!

Laura-IH said...

Oh, Penny, I'm with you! When I was in high school, my sisters and I all had pet bunnies. I had Flash first, and I was so sad when she passed away. To cheer me up, my sister got me Lucky. She was a tiny baby Rex, and we convinced my mom that she was too little to live outside! She stayed inside and even used a litter box like a cat! I would LOVE to have a bunny again, but my landlord said, "ABSOLUTELY NOT! NOT PETS ALLOWED!" : (