Thursday, August 5, 2010

Hallelujah It Rained This Morning!

It didn't last very long but we received a much needed gentle rain this morning. I sat on my back porch before work and called Mom to see if it was raining at the farm too. It was .. so Yay!

Earlier this Spring we were moaning all it did was rain and storm but it has been several weeks since we had any rain and it has affected farmers, gardeners and the animals.

Last night, at first dark, I watered down the chickens' run. It had become so dry that the soil was turning to dust. The only green showing was a ground cover the girls do not care to eat. Hopefully the combination of that watering plus the morning shower will green things up. The girls do like a little fresh grass. =)

2 comments:

Laura-IH said...

Aren't chickens fun? I wish I could have some where I live now. Maybe someday...

Thistle Cove Farm said...

Did you go out and dance in the rain? I've been known to do that; it's a funny sight, I tell you. The dogs barking and jumping around me as I dance in the rain. When we've gone some while without rain, I think of Noah and how it had never rained upon the Earth...dew only...until he built the Ark and climbed on board. Then, rain for 40 days and 40 nights...rain, rain, rain until God said, "Enough!"
And sent us His rainbow, everlasting.