Saturday, January 22, 2011

I'm a winner.


Sandra at Thistle Cove Farm had a giveway this month and I was one of the winners. It has a lovely poem and I intend to let it be part of my Mom's birthday present early next month.














The poem reads as follows ...


"My life is just a weaving
Between my Lord and me.
I cannot change the color
For He works most steadily.


Oft times He weaves the sorrow
And I in foolish pride
Forget He sees the upper
And I the underside.


Until the loom is silent
And the shuttle cease to fly,
Will God roll back the canvas
And explain the reason why.


The dark threads are as needful
In the skillful Weaver's Hand
As the golden threads of silver
He has patterned in His Plan."

~Benjamin Malacia Franklin ~


Three posts in one day ... this is some kind of a record!

2 comments:

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

Hey Penny,
Oh, this poem is beautiful. Is it okay if I copy it and post it on my Facebook page? That would be so cool. Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather

p.s. Congrats on winning the giveaway :) :)

Sunny said...

Penny, congrats on your win. I am sure your Mom will love this poem. I have this same poem on a little printed paper and I love it! Puts our relationship to the Lord in perspective, at least for me.