Thursday, February 10, 2011

Groundhogs, Robins and a Birthday.



Groundhog's Day was my Mom's 73 rd birthday. We waited until the 5th to celebrate with lunch at her favorite restaurant, the Asian Pearl. Lunch was followed by dessert and pressies at Angela's house. Mom had gifted Angela with the cupcake stand so she filled it with pretty lil cupcakes for our dessert. Notice the single candle on the topmost cupcake .. Jaidy "helped" her granny blow out the flame. That was her cupcake. Jaidy likes her a good cuppy cake. =)

My sisters and I are very blessed to still have our Mom and Daddy with us.

As I was going to the car I saw my first robin of the year. Poor bird. It is still freakishly cold here in southern Indiana. According to the official groundhog we are suppose to have an early Spring. I so hope he is right!

3 comments:

Angela said...

Love these pics. I had tried to add them to my blog and they would NOT go straight. Glad they worked for you! We are very blessed to have our mommy and daddy~! I think this every single day.

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

Oh, my goodness, that is so cute. I also love me a good cupcake too, especially if it has pudding frosting or cream cheese frosting :) :) So adorable!!! Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

phyllis said...

What a wonderful day! Cupcakes are the best!