Thursday, July 28, 2011

Frick n' Frack are Rejoining the Flock

When I purchased chicks more than a year ago I bought two extra Red Star chicks for "just in case". Stuff does happen and those lil bits of fluff appear so fragile I felt I needed spares. Oddly enough everyone survived and I was left with the dilemma of what to do with those extras.

John, the Library maintenance man, had chickens so I talked him into taking the two I was referring to as Frick n' Frack. I didn't want to get attached to them so I didn't give the pair real names. Now that Marguerite has crossed over the Rainbow Bridge I have room in the chicken hutch for another large hen or two smaller hens.

John's hens are getting some age on them so he wants out of the chicken business and has offered Frick n' Frack back to me. So yay they are coming home. They will not be as tame as my hens but that is okay. They still lay lovely jumbo eggs and are easy keepers.

We are waiting for the temperature to cool down before they reenter the flock and I'm hoping it will be an easy transition for all concerned.

Stay cool and have a blessed rest of the week!

~ Penny ~


2 comments:

Angela said...

Yaya for the Snack Pack. We will have to have a picnic to celebrate their reunion. A bit of KFC you think?? (grin)

Conni said...

Ha-ha @Angela! I've heard Chick-fil-A is better!!